Happy Halloween kiddies. More importantly, only one more day until hockey returns. Islanders hockey, that is.
Trick-or-treat! Give us something good to eat!
Calling all kids 16 and under! Sparky, Tori and Radar will be handing out Halloween treats and surprises tomorrow at @NHIceCenter from 4-5pm! Come in your Halloween costumes! pic.twitter.com/RKLFC6MhPF
— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 31, 2019
I don’t know if they’re doing anything special for it, but look out for Dan and Mike’s 100th episode of Islanders Anxiety today.
- Friday night’s game against the Lightning will be Military Appreciation Night at the Coliseum. [Islanders]
- With information and quotes gathered from when the Isles visited the Jets, here’s how Ryan Pulock conquered a family tragedy to reach the NHL so his entire town could come visit him in Winnipeg. [The Athletic]
- As part of the first SB Nation FanPulse surveys, the Islanders were one of the top two teams that fans at large didn’t think would return to the playoffs this season; the Blue Jackets were, overwhelmingly, no. 1. [LHH]
- LISTEN: Dan Saraceni does a guest spot on Michael Schuerlein’s podcast, The Isles Faithful, where they discuss the win streak.
- LISTEN: The Isle Seat Podcast also discusses the long win streak. It’s a hot topic.
- LISTEN: It’s podcast city today. Andrew Gross hopped on the PTIsles podcast to talk Koivula, Noah Dobson, Oliver Wahlstrom, Adam Pelech, and Lou Lamoriello and Robin Lehner. [LHH]
Last night’s NHL scores include a wild, back-and-forth between tomorrow’s opponent and the Devils. New Jersey led 5-4 after the first minute of the third. Tampa tied it with twelve minutes left, then took a 6-5 lead with four minutes left. Kyle Palmieri completed the hat trick with his tying goal with eight seconds remaining. And the Bolts won in OT.
- Alex Ovechkin said the Maple Leafs “have to play differently” after Tuesday’s morning skate, and then Tuesday night lit them up for two goals and two assists to prove himself right. [THN]
- Brent Seabrook was healthy scratched for the second game in a row and coach Jeremy Colliton may not have communicated that well. Seabrook was, apparently, one of Colliton’s few allies in the Blackhawks’ dressing room last season. [Faxes from Uncle Dale]
- Both of the previous two stories appear in 31 Thoughts, as well as Luca Sbisa’s wild day of travel last week.
- Former Leafs GM Jim Gregory passed away at age 83. He was one of the first to import European players. [NHL | NHL Press Release]
/ 24 mins ago
As Bud Selig’s 22 years as Major League Baseball Commissioner comes to a close,...
/ 2 hours ago
https://www.theboywhoknewtoomuch.com Christian Haupt was the youngest person to ever throw a first pitch at...
/ 3 hours ago
CriticalPast is an archive of historic footage. The vintage footage in this video has...